4 SEASONS, 2 EXPEDITION CAMPAIGNS, 4 FRUITS...
We are the specialists in the production and packaging of fruits of the Rhone Valley. As the seasons change, two campaigns emerge: cherry and apricot for the summer season, walnut and chestnut for the Autumn-Winter season.
Fruit of the cherry tree of the Rosaceae family, the cherry is a small fleshy fruit with a red kernel. Its juicy flesh is more or less tender and sweet depending on the varieties. This red fruit contains a valuable amount of vitamin B and C and minerals. Today there are more than 200 varieties listed, about fifteen varieties are marketed and constitute the basis of the French orchard. These are divided into two large families the sweet ones commonly called Bigarreaux (80%) and the acids better known as morello cherries.
- Volume : 1800 tonnes
- Season : May to August.
- Location of orchards : Gard, Vaucluse, Drôme and Ardèche.
- Variety : Burlat, Folfer, Summit, Stark, Duroni, Van, Starking, Sweetheart, Skeena, Regina…
- Packaging : bulk, trays, baskets…
This juicy and sweet little fruit will please your taste buds. It is crunchy. Introduced 5000 years ago, apricot is a fruit with orange-yellow flesh, juicy, sweet and rich in vitamin A. It can be eaten fresh or as a preparation. Its tree, the apricot tree belongs to the Rosaceae family. Over the years, many varieties have been developed thus multiplying textures and flavours and allowing a presence on the stalls throughout the summer. Currently more than 40 different varieties are listed. Its 3 production terroirs, Roussillon, Gard-Crau and Rhône-Baronies Valley are particularly adapted and complementary in terms of varieties and harvest periods.
- Volume : 11000 tonnes
- Season : May to September.
- Location of orchards : Gard, Vaucluse, Drôme, Ardèche and Isère.
- Variety : Pricia, Colorado, Sefora, Mediabel, Orangered, Flopria, Lido, Delice, Bergeval, Flavorcot, Lady, Bergeron, Faralia, Swired, Farely, Oscar, Nelson, Milord, Farbaly, Fardao, Farlis.
- Packaging : bulk, board, trays…
The chestnut fruit is cultivated since the 13th century. This seed contained in a thin, tough brown and shiny shell, is very rich in carbohydrates. It is sometimes called «chestnut», not to be confused with inedible chestnut. The term “chestnut” refers to a variety of chestnuts that, by successive selections, produces only one large fruit per bug.
There are two types of varieties in plantations:
- Traditional varieties (Bouche Rouge, Comballe, Précoce des Vans, Commune Sardonne) from Castanea sativa chestnut trees that have medium-sized potential and recognized taste qualities.
- Hybrid varieties, (Marigoule, Bouche de Bétizac, Bournette) crossing between two traditional chestnut trees: Castanea sativa and Castanea crenata which are characterized by a potential of larger size.
- Volume : 600 tonnes
- Season : September to December.
- Location of orchards : Ardèche.
- Variety : Bouches de Betizac, Précoces des Vans, Communes Sardonne, Comballes, Bouches Rouges…
- Packaging : bulk, fillets (500g, 1kg)…
Nuts of walnut, family Juglandaceae, with a crunchy texture and light bitterness. It is found in two forms: the fresh walnut with a water content of more than 20% which gives it a soft flesh and a fresh perfume and the dry nut with a water content of less than 10%. Due to their lipid profile, nuts are naturally rich in unsaturated fatty acid, omega 3. The nut is a fruit with high energy value.
- Volume : 2000 tonnes
- Season : All year round.
- Location of orchards : Drôme, Isère, Savoie.
- Variety : Fresh Walnut : Lara
Dried nuts : Fernor, lara and Franquette
Walnuts PDO : French, Mayette, Parisienne
- Packaging : bulk (fillets and cartons), bags (400g, 500g, 1kg), fillets, …
THE ADDED VALUE
The taste and quality of our fruits reflect our knowledge and experience. For more than 50 years, we have developed production requirements, established with our partner producers.
Our goal is to produce seasonal fruits with more environmentally friendly methods.